Our Family

Our Family

Monday, September 8, 2008

Why didn't we do this eeyons ago??!!

On Friday, I was putting groceries in the van at Fry's and these ladies came over and said, "You know your car is smoking, right?" I was like, "What??!" So I put up the hood and I knew right away it was freon squirting out of a line. Sure enough, the whole drive home, the air was HOT!! So I got home and was furious! I called Chad and let him know and we talked about what to do. We have already taken our van in to the dealership at least 8 times in the last 3 months and they've never been able to fix it properly. Why buy an extended warranty if they can't even fix it right and you end up having to take your vehicle to a mechanic and paying him too? So I called my dad and told him what happened and he agreed to go with me and Chad's Mom to the dealership and just talk to the service manager and tell him our story. Jen (MIL) thought it would be a good idea to type up a timeline of when we took it in and how long they had it for and any information we could remember or had written down. So she was awesome and whipped up the timeline and also included how I had been treated rudely, how we never got phone calls from them (we were always calling to see what was going on), how they haven't ever fixed it right in the first place, never given a rental car but the very first time we took it in, etc.
So we went in and talked to the manager and he was immediately like "Well, let's get you a rental vehicle and get yours fixed!!" I asked that a mechanic who had never worked on my van be the one to work on it because obviously the guys who have been "working" on it, don't know how to fix it. He said that he used to work at Pinnacle Nissan in Scottsdale and asked if it would be okay with me to send it up there. "Of course!! That would be great!" He told us that whatever charges incur would be taken care of by the dealership and that we wouldn't have to pay a dime--for the rental car either. It was so amazing! My dad was like, "Why didn't we talk to you eeyons (sp?) ago??!!" We coudn't have asked for it to go any smoother than it did. So this is the rental that we got.....
2008 Dodge Grand Caravan!!
It is sooooo nice!!! We want to keep it!! It has automatic sliding doors and fold-n-go seats. The inside is so cool too! Of course the kids love it too. It drives perfectly! And best of all---it has freezing cold A/C!!!! Yeaaa!! So they can keep our van as long as they want now! Now we're just hoping that our van will be returned to us with air that works perfectly!




1 comment:

Natalie said...

YAY! That van looks like fun to drive, especially with an AC that works! I hope they get it right this time! Good luck!