Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Fun Saturday

A relative of the mom that my sister, Lexee, nannies for was moving out of his huge house and asked my Dad, brother, Lexee and Brad to hold a yard sale at his house to get rid of his stuff. We didn't have anything planned for the day so we went over around 11am. A lot of stuff was already sold but we managed to get some great deals!! Chad got a pair of snow boarding boots for $1!! He was sooooo excited. He said "I've never had my own pair, I always had to rent!" I don't know when he'll use them but it made him happy. For those of you who know Chad, he is obsessed with Christmas decorating. He puts up as many lights as he can (in and out of the house) and even kills the power sometimes! So at the sale, we got 3 boxes of Chrismas lights and also some cute Halloween decorations for almost nothing! The guy just basically wanted to get rid of the stuff and since it was so late in the morning, he was practically giving it away! And Callie got some toys too! She got this little chair that plays music and lights up. My friend's little boy has this exact toy at her house and every time we are over there Callie doesn't do anything but play with this little chair! I looked for it at re-sell stores but couldn't find it and at Wal-Mart it's like $30!! So I was SOOO excited to get it for free!! She is loving it just as much at our house as at my friends'! She also got this little table that also lights up, plays music, sings abc's and other stuff. We actually had this toy for Jordan when he was a baby and he loved it. Callie is liking it a lot too (the chair is her favorite though). What a great yard sale!!!






Then, after we left the sale, we went home to put the kids down for a nap. Then my dad and brother showed up and asked if we wanted to go to In-N-Out (Lexee's treat!). So instead of all of us going, Callie and I went and got a yummy chocolate shake! Callie had fun showing off in front of everyone. When a stranger would talk to her, she'd smile and run back to my lap and cover her face with her hands. It was SO cute!! My dad laughed and asked "Since when does she get embarassed??!" It was fun to just sit and laugh with my dad, brother, sister and her new husband. We haven't hung out and laughed for a while so it was nice.
Then after that we all went to Chad's parent's house to swim. And it just so happened that both of his sisters were there with their kids swimming too! So the kids got to play with their cousins. Brad and Teddy had fun throwing Jordan and Kyle in the pool too. And I got to enjoy talking with my sisters-in-law about our week and the great deals we found. We also were treated to pizza and lemonade for dinner! Thanks Mom!!
So even though we woke up with nothing to do for the day (except mow and housework), we had a fun and great Saturday!!

No comments: