Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I Knew She Was A Smart Little Cookie

After talking with the teacher at the beginning of the school year about how she thought Jocee seemed lost in class, I was beginning to think she'd have to be taken out. When we'd work on her homework, she didn't seem to get the formation of the letters and wasn't motivated to try to do it right. I thought my easy days were over.
But for the past 2 weeks or so, she's made a complete 180!! She now knows at least 10 phonograms by sight and can write them, and can write her name! Her handwriting is improving dramatically and last week she had to recite a poem in front of the whole class! She brought back an award for doing such a great job on it! She also brought home 2 phonogram tests and she got 100% on both of them!!! I'm so proud of her!! I made up some flash card with all the phonograms and also math facts and I've been going over them with her and Jordan. I guess it's helping!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Holy cow! Is Jocey in kindergarten? Or is that preschool stuff now? It does seem very advanced!