Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, June 1, 2008

First Lost Tooth!


Jordan finally lost his first tooth!! He's been waiting so long to lose a tooth because all of his friends teeth have been coming out. After a week of wiggling, it finally came out at Grandma's house!! He was so excited and couldn't wait to show off the hole in his mouth. While inspecting the hole, we discovered that the tooth right next to the hole, is growing in behind his tooth that hasn't come out yet and it's not that loose either. The one that's growing in is really crooked too. So we'll have to hope that that tooth comes out really soon or we'll be going to get braces!
Also while he was at Grandma's for a week, he was wrestling around with my brother and he banged his mouth (not how his tooth came out) on my sister's leg bone and I guess it hurt him pretty bad. So when he came home on Friday (for his Great-Great Grandpa's funeral :( ) I saw his mouth and his top lip was all swollen (you can see in the bottom picture that he can hardly smile and couldn't show all of his top teeth because his top lip is so swollen). My mom said this happened on Tuesday and that he would complain about his mouth hurting every once in a while each day so he would put ice on it but it was still swollen. The same doctor who glued my face back together is in the stake presidency and was at my Great Grandpa's funeral, so afterwards he took a look at his lip and said to keep icing it every day and that the swelling should go down soon. (He is the nicest man!)
Then Saturday morning he was trying to get laundry baskets down off the washer (so he could climb up it and get into the cupboards above the washer that are OFF LIMITS to kids!) and the hit his mouth again and started screaming and crying in pain! After icing it he was fine. Later that day he started saying it was hurting him again so I looked at his gums and right above his top tooth his gums were really swollen and drooping down his tooth and looked like it was full of fluid. Chad wanted to pop it but Jordan wouldn't even let us touch it. I've never seen anything like it before. It was the weirdest thing. I told him we'd have to take him to the dentist to see what was going on and he did not like that idea. He kept asking me what they were going to do to him and if it was going to hurt. I told him they would probably take x-rays to see what it was. I told him that if he kept ice on it for a long time that it might help it to get better and we wouldn't have to go to the dentist. So he diligently kept ice on it all night. This morning he came running in my room excited and said "Mom! Look at my gums! It's all better!" I looked at it and it looked a million times better and even his lip wasn't swollen anymore. He saw I was happy about it and asked "Do I still have to go to the dentist?" He must have prayed that it would get better and the Lord answered his prayer because he had been putting ice on it all week and didn't see much improvement and then overnight it looked so much better. I'm so glad he has faith in his Heavenly Father. What a good little boy.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Paynes said...

Congrats to Jordan and his first lost tooth! I know he's excited! Hope the Tooth Fairy left him some booty!