Our Family

Our Family

Monday, June 30, 2008

When it rains it pours!

Just an update on our van situation: We dropped it back off to them 2 Saturdays ago because when Chad's Dad drove it home earlier on Saturday he said it was still hot. So he called the guy and told him what he thought it might be and the guy said to bring it back asap and they would work on it first thing Monday morning (last Monday). Well, we never received any phone calls. We always had to initiate the call to find out what was going on. He told Chad's Mom that they had run all the tests they could on it and couldn't find anything so they were going to take it to a Nissan dealership to see if they could run other tests that might find the problem. Well, they discovered the problem and back it went to the Mazda dealership for them to fix it. So that was Wednesday. We hadn't got a call from them at all, so Chad called on Friday to find out what was going on and when he asked for the guy who's been handling our vehicle he said that he no longer worked there!! So now we have a new guy who seems to be nicer than the other guy. Although he told Chad that it was almost done and we would be able to pick it up hopefully by the end of the day. Well, no call Friday. No call Saturday. So Chad called again today and the guy said that it was fixed and that we could pick it up today. I couldn't believe it. I called and arranged for Chad's mom to go down with me to pick it up. About 30 minutes later Chad called me and said he got a call from the dealership and they said that it wasn't working anymore so we couldn't come pick it up! Oh my heck!!! When are they gonna get it right?? I don't know what to do at this point. My van has been at that place for about 3 weeks now and they wouldn't even give us a rental car again after the first week. So if Chad's aunt and uncle didn't have an extra van for us to use, we would have been stuck at home for the last 2 weeks and counting.

Then, the truck's registration was due by today and it needed an emissions test. So Chad went today after work and it failed! So if we want the truck to get registered, we have to get a bunch of stuff fixed on it so it will pass emissions! When it rains it pours!! Then for some odd reason while I was figuring out what bills to pay today I totally forgot about one bill that gets automatically deducted at the end of the month! So we are probably gonna go over because I had already used all the money to pay other things. So we'll probably get some lovely fees to pay. Bills stink. Money too--it stinks not to have enough and from what I hear, it causes problems when you have too much! (I obviously don't know about that though. Maybe some day.) I know that we have experiences to make us stronger and to teach us. I guess I'm not a fast learner ;( LOL...

1 comment:

The Paynes said...

That is terrible about your van. The dealership should just buy out your loan and let you start over with something else. Of course, they won't do that. But it would be awesome. I'm glad you still have the Toyota van to use. I hope you can get the truck running well. Good luck!!!