Our Family

Our Family

Friday, May 23, 2008

Re-decorating

My MIL and SIL are great decorators--I am not. So they offered to come help me with my house. I've been wanting some pictures hung up and the hall bathroom changed but I'm not good at it and I wasn't too motivated. When my house is a mess, I don't really want to make another mess on top of it. I really needed the help. So they came over on Tuesday and did most of the work while I was at speech with Katelyn, then at Jordan's school picking him up sick. They were busy little bees.
First they rearranged Jordan and Jocee's room and took out a dresser that wasn't being used. Now the room looks so much bigger and they have room to sit and play on the floor. I've been wanting that dresser out but haven't been motivated to actually do it because it's so big and heavy. They moved it out in no time! They were pros. I'm so glad they came. I totally needed this "lift". I was really feeling down and cleaning up my house and making it look great has really given me the boost that I needed. Thank you guys!!!

(Jordan came home sick and crashed on his bed.)
Jocee's bed and their clothes bins on a new wall really opens up the room.
I was so sick of the shower curtain that we had. It was old and stunk like pee (hmmmm...I wonder who missed the toilet?) So my mom bought this bright, cheery new curtain, matching towels, and a hook rack to hang them on.


My dad gave me this great black mirror so they hung it in there too. You can't see all of it, but there's also a brown shelf that used to be in the family room that I'm going to paint black too and put some pictures and greenery on.



Here's the living room with my awesome, new picture hanging in the middle. I'm going to paint the little white table a more earthy color. Mom also bought us three new beautiful lamps to go in there to create more light. They moved the rug to cover an ugly stain and I just love how it all turned out! The room looks so good and I love being in it. It's such a good feeling to walk around my house and it's all clean and organized and decorated! I can't thank them enough for what they did for me! It all looks awesome!

No comments: