Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Industrius Day!

For some reason, Callie slept through the night last night and didn't wake up till 8:30am! So I actually got a full night's sleep with no interruptions! What a difference a full night's sleep makes! I got up and made waffles from scratch, then I cleaned the kitchen floor, then I vacuumed the house. Then I decided that since I haven't been to the store in about a week and our fridge is pretty empty, that I should clean it. So while Katee and Jocee played in the back yard, Callie and I cleaned the fridge! Callie was a great little helper! :)

She decided she'd climb in the drawer!
Here she is posing for the camera. Such a cutie!

The end result! A nice, clean, organzed, sanitized, and EMPTY fridge!



Then after I got done with the fridge, I decided I'd had enough of the messy back yard and patio. I've been asking Chad to clean it up, but it still wasn't done, so since I was on a cleaning spree, I tackled it myself! First I got a garbage bag and picked up the garbage (like empty wrappers, water bottles, junk the kids bring outside and chuck on the ground), and put the toys in order and also picked up dog poop! Then I figured I would mow the grass to make it look even better. I wondered if Chad would notice that I mowed with his precious mower! (I should have taken a "before" picture so you'd better appreciate the way it looks now, but I didn't. Oh well.)
Then.....after mowing (I was filthy because we have dirt areas so the dirt kicks up all over you while you mow, not to mention all the grass all over me that was making me super itchy because I'm really allergic to grass, but that's how dedicated I am!), I figured that since I'm already a mess, that I should give the dog a much needed bath! So Jocee helped me scrub Rocky and get him nice and clean and smelling great! She had fun...poor Rocky didn't like it so much though. After we were done, he posed with her for a picture. He's such a good dog.


All the while, Callie was hanging out in her swing. She didn't even fuss when I was too busy to give her a push. What a good girl!In the midst of cleaning up the back yard, I also cleaned off the patio and sprayed it down with the hose.

I had all that done by 1:20pm!! I was so proud of myself for being so productive. When Chad came home, the first thing he said to me was "Why did you mow the back yard???"

Then later this evening, I went to work at Mervyns for 4 hours!! Boy am I exhausted! Whoever says that stay-at-home Moms have it easy, obviously isn't one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking good you guys!

The Paynes said...

Way to go! Sometimes I get in one of those moods, not today though! I mow the lawn most days, it's just easier than nagging!

Natalie said...

you go girl! we should call you super randee! :)