Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, September 1, 2007

JJ Room Makeover

Jordan's Room before the makeover



My MIL (mother-in-law) painting the first of 4 coats of
green paint. Katee couldn't keep her hands off the paint
!


I painted the bottom a "sandy" color for our beach theme. We also hung up a "bamboo-ish" window treatment to give it a more tiki hut feel.


Not completely finished yet, but this is what I have so far. I've still got some painting to do on the walls like surfboards, a palm tree, starfish, shells... it's gonna be so cool!! I searched forever for the perfect bedding/material for what I was envisioning and couldn't find it! Until...shopping at Mervyns late one night with my mom and Erika! I had already checked the bedding at Mervyns and didn't see anything but my mom checked again and she found these comforters!! They are just adorable and EXACTLY what I wanted! They are perfect for a boy AND girl! They are bright and cheery and full of color! Both the kids loved their new room!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Stoddard Studios said...

Wow, I love the new decor! It looks SO cute. They beadspreads are so perfect. Nice find! I need to come see it in person.

The Paynes said...

I love the bright paint on the beds. And the sand, that's a cute detail. I can't wait to see your playroom!