Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Changing Spaces

I am so sick of picking up toys in every room of my house, so I decided to make a Play Room and keep all the kids' toys in there. In order to do that, I put Jocee in with Jordan, and Katee in Jocee's old room and now that room is the play room. I got all the toys put in the room , but there's just so much that I'm a bit overwhelmed with it all and haven't started to organize it yet. I just don't know where to put all of the big toys that don't fit in bins. I painted the room a creamy color and my Mom-in-law made some cute, bright green curtains. My sister started painting the walls last night but it's not completely finished. It's going to be so cute. I'll take some pics to post.
As for the "J&J Room", it's going to be a Surfer/Beach Room. It's going to be cool. I have been looking all over for comforters that would go with that theme but can't find anything anywhere! I want them to coordinate with each other -- so either one that would work for boy and girl or 2 different ones that match that is for a girl and one for a boy. They did have beach decor at Target a while ago, but it's not there anymore. I'm looking for stripes or Hawaiian print or anything that looks beachy. I am going to leave the blue on the wall and paint over the bottom with a "sand-y" color and paint some clouds at the top. Then my sister is goint to paint cool surfboards on the wall. I was thinking of doing something with sea shells but not sure yet. If anyone has any fun ideas or knows a good place to look for affordable bedding or beach decor, please let me know!
The "KC Room" (Katee/Callie) is going to stay yellow and I'm going to add accents of red. I already have some cute curtains up that my MIL (mom-in-law) made with the fabric I picked out. I don't know what else I'm going to do in there. Right now I'm focused on the other 2 rooms!

1 comment:

Stoddard Studios said...

Sounds like so much fun! I'm sure all the rooms are going to look awesome when you're done! If you need help let me know.