Our Family

Our Family

Monday, August 13, 2007

1st Day of School


Yea!!! Back to school! Now we can get back to a routine. Jordan started all day kindergarten today. He took his lunch in his Superman lunch bag. He had a million questions about whether or not the other kids would be taking their lunch too. I managed to talk him into taking his! We went to the bus stop right on time and the bus was like 7 minutes late! Since they are the last stop on the route, they were probably close to being
late for school. At least it wouldn't have been my fault!
His bus after school was supposed to drop him off at 3:19pm so I was there with Katelyn and Callie at 3:15pm in the 110 degree heat! We waited, and waited, and waited! NO BUS!! I thought maybe I missed him and it came early so I called my friend to see what she thought. She she called her friend whose son rides the same bus but gets off 2 stops before Jordan's and her son hadn't come home yet either! So I called the school and they said there were too many kids to fit on the bus so she had to take half the kids and drop them off then come back to the school and pick up the rest of the kids. Unfortunately Jordan was on the 2nd half of kids! The bus didn't come until 3:50pm!!! I sat out there in the heat with the 2 girls for nearly 35 minutes!! It was SO HOT!! We were all drenched in sweat and poor Jordan was too! After a traumatic experience with riding the bus home last year, I wanted to make sure that his first time this year would go smooth, but unfortunately he is insisting on my picking him up after school. He refuses to take the bus home. He said "I
had to wait an hour to get home!! And I was BORED on the bus because there's a hundred stops before it's my turn to get off and plus it's hot!" I don't know what to do. I feel bad for him but he gets out of school right when Katelyn is napping and there's a ton of traffic after school too. As we speak, he's begging me with tears to "please, please, please, Mommy, pick me up." I'll probably end up giving in and picking him up.

1 comment:

Stoddard Studios said...

Pete drove by your street at like 3:50 and saw you picking up Jordon. When he got home he told me that he just saw you picking him up. I was suprised because you had just told me the day before that he gets off the bus at 3:19. Well, that explains it. Poor guy, and poor you. That totally sucks. Are they going to fix the problem or do two bus loads everyday? I'd probably give in and pick him up too. That's sad.