Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Doctor Visit

So I went by myself with both babies to see the doctor. Kate hasn't been to the doctor since she was 12 months old so, she was freaked out and wouldn't let the doctor touch her and she screamed the whole time it was her turn! She weighed 30lbs and was 32 inches tall!!! She's in the 90% for her weight and like 35% for her heighth. She has ezcema on her legs and arms so she got a prescription for a cream to put on it. The doctor said she should see an allergist but I think she's too young to be tested. Since she hadn't been in such a long time, she also had to get 2 shots--which we had to hold her down because she is so strong. Poor girl!

Callie was a whopping 9lbs 14oz and 21 1/2in long! She had been projectile vomitting quite a lot before her last dr visit a couple weeks ago so I told the doc about it and she said she could have an obstruction and so the milk is just coming back up. They way to check this is to have her not eat for 3-4 hours (YIKES!!!) and then they give her a drink to drink and then they take x-rays of her belly to see what's going on. If there is an obstruction, they have to operate!! I'm SO nervous!!! I'm sure she's fine but you just never know! It's going to be so hard just to take her to get the procedure done!! I'm supposed to call the doc on Friday morning to see if they got the approval from the insurance to get it done and then I will make the appointment. Please pray for her to make it through ok! (It's not that big of a deal considering what other people have to go through, but for me and her it is!) We've never had to do anything like this before with any of our kids!

1 comment:

Stoddard Studios said...

Wow, that's crazy! Hope everything goes good. I can't believe your baby is 9 lbs and 14 ounces at 4 weeks! My came out at that exact same weight at BIRTH!