Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Dumb Dental Office


A few posts ago, I mentioned that Jordan had dental work that was scheduled for today. Well, yesterday I got a call from the dentist's office and they said that since Jordan turned 6, that they needed to get prior authorization from the insurance and had to reschedule his appointment. Well, I was NOT happy. My mom had come to stay with us to help with the kids and now he wasn't even going. I had already notified the school and the teacher that he would not be there. Why would they wait til the day before he had a scheduled appointment (which was made 3 weeks ago!!) to tell me they had to reschedule??? Because someone didn't do their job and get the prior authorization from the insurance like they were supposed to!! I called the insurance and they said it doesn't matter the age is, that EVERY PERSON needs prior auth before a procedure. I felt like calling the dentists office and giving them a piece of my mind. They are just lucky that I didn't have to take off work or make bigger arrangements for them to just call and lie to me about why they needed to reschedule. People are so dishonest. They should have just admitted to me that someone dropped the ball and apologize and say they are very sorry for the inconvenience they have caused. Honesty goes a long way!

No comments: