Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Chad!

For Chad's birthday I surprised him with tickets to a hockey game. For those of you who don't know, Chad LOVES hockey--he's from Canada and grew up playing it. His sister's husband called me and said he had tickets to the game and couldn't go and said I could have them to take Chad. (Thank you Chris!) We were just planning on going to dinner and a movie (with our gift card from Christmas) so we already had a babysitter lined up. I was supposed to pick her up at 4:30pm--but at 4:28pm she called and said she couldn't come. I was so mad! We had planned this with her like 2 weeks in advance! So we were trying to figure out who we could call and get to come over like, RIGHT NOW, so we could go. Chad was just like, "Well, we just won't go." I, on the other hand, wasn't going to miss the hockey game. So we called a couple of girls in the ward but just got answering machines. So, my sister said she could come for a couple of hours because she had plans if we could just find someone to come from 7 till we got home. So THANKFULLY, my good friend Cami came to the rescue, without hesitation! What a nice friend! When we came home around 11pm, she said the kids were great and they had a great time. She said they all went to bed on time with no whining or anything. She was surprised at how easy they were to get to go to bed. I'm so glad!! I told her that we would babysit her kids so that she and her hubby could go out on a date too.
We had a lot of fun at the game. The stadium was really nice. I knew where we were going so I had like 5 shirts on with a hoodie so I wouldn't freeze. Chad, of course, was wearing a short-sleeve shirt and sandals! Crazy Canadian. The game went into overtime, then to a shoot-out. It was really exciting. The Coyotes lost in the shoot-out.

Maybe one day, I can surprise him with a ride on the zamboni! That would be awesome!


His mom got him this guitar game that you plug into the tv. He loves playing it! He's known for his air-guitar skills so his mom thought this would be a good gift---she was right!










Monday was MLK Jr day, Chad's actual birthday, and his boss gave him the day off! Lucky duck. So we went to Fountain Hills to this park where there's this huge water fountain and lots grassy area and parks for the kids to play. It was so pretty. The kids thought it was cool too.








Callie chillin' in her carseat with the blanket to shade her from the sun.












He's been wanting an MP3 player for a long time so I finally got him one. He was so excited. Now all he wants to do is download music onto it! I can't get him off the computer!










Here we are playing on the playground. They loved this airplane thing. They were all 3 on it forever! I kept asking them if they wanted to go on the slide or anything else and they all shouted NO!!

Peek-a-boo Katelyn!!
They finally got off the plane and went to play "restaurant." They took "orders" then brought out the "food." They were so cute and playing so well together. It was a nice outing.
Here's Katee complaining to the workers, "Hey! This isn't what I ordered!!!" LOL!

Here they are on this tortoise just before we left the park. We had to leave because I had to go to work. I felt so bad that I had to work on his birthday but I couldn't find anyone to cover my shift for me. Oh well, at least we got to spend the day together-- then I could go earn some money. Chad said that later that night, Jordan said sweetly, "Dad, I had so much fun at the park with our family today."

1 comment:

Stoddard Studios said...

That's cute what Jordon said about the park. Sounds like you need to do it more often. It did look like a lot of fun. Makes me want to plan a family park activity.