Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Family Update

Today Chad started working again!!! Woohoo!!! It was so nice to have the house back to myself. I mean, I know it's his house too, but I just can't seem to get stuff done while he's here! Today, I actually got my cleaning done and it felt great! Especially knowing that he's out working, earning a living, not wasting time watching sports or whatever. He's now working with a guy who owns his own company and does mostly work on the Church buildings in the east valley. Chad's family know him and say he's a really nice, honest man. For his interview he took him to eat at Joe's BBQ, then today he took him to lunch at Rosa's!! Why don't we stay at home moms get taken out to eat by our bosses? :) Anyways, he said the day went well and they seem to get along pretty good... not like the last grumpy guy he worked with for 4 days (he had to quit, the guy was a jerk!).
Tomorrow Katelyn goes to her first session of speech therapy. I'm assuming that we will basically just be in a room of toys and just talk a lot and try to get her to say things. She does repeat words when she is in the right mood. I feel bad for her because I'm sure she's frustrated that we don't understand her or that she can't say what she wants or needs to us. Hopefully this helps her at least a little bit!
Callie officially started crawling (not scooting) this past Sunday!!! It's the cutest thing to watch this tiny little baby crawl like she knows exactly what she's doing. She's so alert and so smart. She just sits and watches the kids play and just takes it all in. You can just see the wheels turning in her pretty little head. She's still sweet as ever. I finally started trying to feed her baby food. She didn't really like green beans but liked bananas and pears...of course, the sweet stuff!! (She's a girl, what do you expect? It's the Whitcomb in her too! :-) )
Last night, I went to a tax preparation class at a Liberty Mutual with my sister in law. I was considering doing it at nights if it paid more than Mervyn's pays and offered more hours, but after talking with the guy, it pays about the same (actually $.05 less than Mervyn's!) and wouldn't be more hours. Plus it's further from my house. So I'm staying at Mervyn's. It would be more stressful than Mervyn's is anyways. And I would lose my discount!
Jordan brought home a paper for me to fill out notifying them if I had a child who would be entering Kindergarten and I'm so excited for Jocee to go! She's thrilled at the idea of going to school. She keeps asking me who her teacher's going to be. She loves to write, and draw, and learn. Today she wanted me to keep reading her this book about numbers and she was learning the numbers and how to write them and stuff. She just absorbs information like a sponge. She's so smart. She will turn 5 in October so she'll be a young one, but I think she's going to do great. I don't know what I'll do with myself with only 2 kids at home!
Okay so I think that was an update on everything...oh yeah, I forgot.....we have a mouse in our house, in the kitchen to be exact. It's such a disgusting thing to think about. He started out in the hall closet, then he found his way to the kitchen. I heard him gnawing away at some wood this morning next to the dishwasher. So today I put some rat poison all along that wall in the cupboards. Hopefully he will eat enough of it to kill him before he multiplies and replenishes my house! They are SICK!!

1 comment:

Stoddard Studios said...

Nice update. I pretty much just responded to all of it in an e-mail. Ha ha. Wow, a mouse! I can't stand mice. I hope you kill him!