Our Family

Our Family

Monday, August 18, 2008

Swim Party BBQ

On Saturday we went to Chad's cousin's house for a family BBQ/Swim party. There were lots of cousins there to play with.

This is Kyle (Jordan's bud)

Here's Sydney and Zach contemplating jumping off the rock cliff.
This is Salinda. She's such a little fish!! She's so young and can swim so well!
This is Dallin (Salinda's brother) and he's an awesome swimmer too! Next to him is his Aunt Alissa.
There goes Jordan!
Here's Jocee posing for the camera before she finally decided to get in the pool.

Just us girls!

Jordan and Kyle hiding


Jordan learned how to dive this summer (thank you Sydney!!) and was so proud that he could do it off the cliff. Watch out Michael Phelps...this boy is a good swimmer too! LOL!
Zach doing a flip off the rock cliff. It looks like his legs belong to Jordan's body! A funny shot!

My nephew Ryan. He's soooooo stinkin' cute!!!!

My little Callie!!! She's soooooo cute too!!! :)
Cousin Chloe with her cute suit! (Look at that hot momma behind her!!)
(LOL!!! I know you're gonna kill me, but you really are a hot momma.) Jocee's best buddy Jillian

We sang to Hayley and Aunt Carolyn for their birthdays for this week.

Clint must be talking to Chad about computers.....LOL!

Nathan grilled up some really yummy ribs. The adults all loved them but the kids didn't touch 'em! They were all left on their plates. Jordan didn't want to eat when we were all eating so he came back later saying he was hungry so Chad gave him a rib. This is how it went down.... He LOVED it! He even wanted more!!
Callie playing with Uncle Bill with the cups. She thought he was so funny.

Then she crawled over and entertained Grandma Sackley for a bit.


After eating, they went back into the pool!

Jordan's at the top of the pic jumping off

Katelyn doing the "monkey walk" along the wall


The biggest rubber duck I've ever seen!


We had a scare towards the end of the night...Katelyn nearly drowned!!! She didn't have any floaties to wear so she mostly stayed on the big step area and occasionally monkey walked but not too far. Well, we were all not watching her for long enough that she ended up in the middle of the deep end!!! Luckily Jocee was on top of the cliff getting ready to jump in when she saw Katelyn just under the water and started screaming "KATELYN'S DROWNING!!!!!KATELYN'S DROWNING!!!!!" I ran over there and Uncle Bill swam quickly over to her and grabbed her and gave her to me. She was crying--not unconscious--so that was good! I was shaking and felt so bad that I didn't even see her. She kept crying "no mimming." What a blessing that Jocee was up there and noticed her and immediately yelled for help! She saved her life!!!! We were all so proud of her and kept telling her what a hero she was. She said that when Uncle Bill told her "thank you for saving your sister's life," her reply to him was "thank you for going to get her out of the water." I don't think she realizes the magnitude of what she did, but I DO!! I am SOOOOO thankful!! I actually was just going through the pictures and videos I had taken and I have video of Katelyn monkey walking over to the deep end where Bill and Jordan were on the step but then Bill took Jordan for a ride and we all focused our attention on him and forgot that Katee was still over there. At the very end of the video you can hear Jocee start to yell.....just watching it gives me chills.

Okay, so I tried to upload the video and it keeps telling me there's an error so it won't upload.

1 comment:

The Brereton Family! said...

Okay it just scares me just thinking of poor Katie in the pool I'm Sooooooo glad she was okay. Way to go Jocee!!!!!! Yeah thanks for the picture-- if I had been facing you that would have been terrible I'm glad you just got a side shot. LOL--

Give Katie and Jocee a hug for us.