Our Family

Our Family

Monday, August 11, 2008

First Day of School!

Jordan all ready for school! He was up and ready by 6:30am! I made them pancakes and he told me that he didn't want them because last year before school he only ate cereal! Funny kid.Jo


Jocee didn't get up till just after 7:00 and was excited to get her clothes on and get her hair done. She asked me, "Mom, do I get to go to school every day??" I said, "Yep!" To which she exclaimed, "Yeaaaa!!!" If only they kept that same attitude!

Katelyn was up by 6:45am and came in my bathroom to find me in the shower. She was so happy and said "Mommy, awake!!" (that translates into "I'm awake!") I asked her if she wanted to get in with me (she ALWAYS wants to take a shower), and she said, "No, (s)cool! Kwoes on!" She was so excited to go to school and ride on the bus like the big kids.

We all walked down to the bus stop for Jordan and Jocee. There was a lot of kids there! Jocelyn was so happy to be able to get on the bus this time. Last year she would always say "I can't wait till I get to get on the bus!" She got in line and walked right on up with them. No hesitations or anything! She is so ready for Kindergarten, despite her young age. I know she's going to do great this year.

Poor Katelyn had to wait for another hour after they left before her bus was coming. She was beginning to doubt me telling her that she was going to ride the bus. So about 7 minutes before it was scheduled to come, we sat outside waiting and singing the Wheels on the Bus and other fun songs to pass the time. Finally it showed up (late) and she walked right on up the stairs and got her seatbelt on (with help, of course) and waved bye to me! I couldn't believe it! My little 2 1/2 year old riding on a bus to school! What a big girl!! This is her on the bus. You can't really see her behind the tinted window but she's there!


1 comment:

Natalie said...

Three at school?! What ARE you going to do with yourself?! :) Im sure you'll think of a few things. That is crazy! Im glad your first morning went so well.