Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

2nd Day of School

So on the first day of school the bus driver didn't go after school to pick up the preschoolers! So the teacher called me to let me know that she'd be late. When she finally came home, she was totally happy and not a bit upset! The sub bus driver was a nice lady but not the regular driver. So on Tuesday the regular driver brought her home and when he opened the bus doors, I found Katelyn crying and very upset. I held her and asked what was the matter and she exclaimed, "NO BUS!!" The driver was an older gentleman and was very nice. I'm not sure why she was so upset. I know she doesn't fancy men right away (she cries at my grandparents when Pappaw talks to her) so it will just take time for her to get used to him. It was also a good break that she didn't have school today. So I've been trying to be positive about the bus so she won't cry again tomorrow. We'll see how it goes.

I've been enjoying the quiet time immensely! I keep thinking that this is only a dream and that I will wake up soon and be back in my loud life. I've been able to get my house totally cleaned up by 9:00am then have time to go to the store if I have to! It seems so weird to only have one child in the morning! I know Callie is loving having her mommy all to herself!! It is nice to be able to give her all of my attention too--she's such a sweet little girl. Her new favorite show is Teletubbies. It's so cute to watch her watch it. Today she and Katelyn were sitting in the computer chair together and she would point to the tv and "talk" and look at me like she was telling me "Look mommy!" She loves to talk! She will most likely be talking very soon. She's still not walking. She can stand up on her own from sitting but is too chicken to take any steps. The most she's taken is 5 and that was with me encouraging her to walk to me.

Today we went to Albie's to get great deals on stuff my kids love. They are on sale for $1 or $1.50, then I used coupons for each item so I paid between $.50 and $.75 for each item (some were less, depending on the coupon). I got kids yogurt, cookie mix, Toaster Strudels, and Chex mix. It stinks because you can only buy 8 items in one transaction to get those prices. So I'm planning on going back as many times as I can--I have lots of coupons to use!! With 4 kids eating all the time I think we're gonna have to start shopping at Costco!

No comments: