Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Sick Family

Well, it started with me on Saturday. I was so bad. I felt awful. My whole body ached, I was sneezing every two seconds, I had a croupy cough, I couldn't breathe through my nose 'cause I was so congested so I had to breathe through my mouth and then my throat hurt. I had to call in sick to work because there was no way I was going to make it. I really didn't want to because when you get perfect attendance you get a coupon for an extra percentage off and now I won't get one :( Oh well, I had to stay home. Then Sunday, Callie started to get the runny nose and didn't want to eat much. Katelyn also has a bad cough and runny nose. The last two nights have not been fun. Callie is so congested that she can't breathe when she sleeps so she just cries. It's so sad. So I was up pretty much all night/morning with her last night. She would fall asleep on me for a little while, then abruptly wake up and scream. I ran a hot shower and sat in the bathroom with her then sucked the snot out of her nose. It helped a little bit. This morning I took her in to the Dr. and she has an ear infection on top of all that! Poor baby! I know exactly how she feels. It sucks! Luckily for Jocelyn, she got to stay at Grandma's house on Sunday night and when I told my sister about all of us being sick (Yes, Chad is now sick too!), she offered to keep her until we get well, so Jocee doesn't catch what we have. I think I haven't been able to get over it because since I am the Mom, I don't get to call in sick and get the rest that I need. I still have to cook, clean, do laundry, and take care of the other sickies! I don't know about your husbands, but when my husband gets sick, he walks around the house moaning and groaning and not doing much of anything except watching the stupid tv.
Okay, I'm done complaining about being sick. Oh yeah, Chad's mom was kind enough to bring us dinner tonight to help me out. It was yummy!

No comments: