Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Out with the old, in with the NEW!

This is our old Lexmark printer that is also a fax. It doesn't work! The only thing that works on it is sending a fax! I liked that it was a printer/fax/copier/scanner, but the ink is SO dang expensive! Then once I finally splurged and bought the ink it still wouldn't print right. The letters had lines through them and smudges and it was just bad. Then the feeder (?) stopped working and the paper would get stuck. SOOOO...we got our tax refund and I bought this.....
The Kodak Easy Share 5300! I saw it on the Apprentice about a month ago and decided I was going to get it! It's supposed to print twice as many documents with one ink cartridge than other leading inkjet printers. Also, the ink cartridges are way cheap compared to the price of other brands. The black is only $9.97 and the color is $14.97 (or something close to that). I read about it on Wal-mart.com and saw that there were 3 models that were basically the same. The "lowest" model was the 5100 and it was $119.88 and the next up was the 5300 and it was $148.88. So I went to Wal-Mart today with the 3 girls and was going to get the 5100, which was marked $98.96. There was only one of the 5300 but no price on it. Then when I was walking out of the department, a saleswoman stopped me and asked if I got the ink because it didn't come with the printer. I said, "It doesn't come with the ink?? Are you sure? I think it does" She was like, "The next model up, the 5300 comes with ink but we are out of them." I said, "No you're not, there's one over there. I was just looking at it but there was not price for it." She said," Really? I believe it's the same price as this one, $98.96." I was like "ARE YOU SURE???" Anyways, it ended up being the same price so I got the better one!! I just now saw that it doesn't come with the USB cord though. Maybe I will find the one that I used with the old printer. I am SO excited to finally be able to print!!! Woohoo!!!
So after I got my printer I went to check out the vacuums and I got this.....
A New Eureka Vacuum!!! It has all these cool attachments like a self-cleaning duster that I used on my blinds today, and a thing that attaches to the hose that you use to clean curtains, couches and stairs. I just got done vacuuming my whole house and you wouldn't believe how much crap was in the container! It is embarrassing!! I had to empty it half-way through the house! The container isn't the biggest but still!! It did a great job picking up what my other vacuum didn't. I just hope it continues to work like this for a very long time.

This is the old Dirt Devil that didn't work........
This is the great job it did in the living room. I know, there are stains...I have four kids! There's bound to be stains. Next, I'd like to get a carpet cleaner. There's always a spill to be cleaned up that I'd love to have one.

2 comments:

The Paynes said...

Sounds like you are having fun. I love getting new appliances and stuff, even if it's to clean my house. Have fun!

Stoddard Studios said...

wow, check you out. Buying all this new stuff and taking vacations. You guys must be doing well now. I'm so glad.