Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Katee's busy Saturday

Okay so about a week ago Katelyn gave herself a hair cut. So Saturday I took her to Great Clips to get it fixed. She had cut one side pretty short and she cut some of the top behind her bangs so she had to cut it pretty short.
This is one side of her hair before the haircut.


She sat in the chair just fine, but when the lady pulled out the cape to put on her, she went nuts!! So she ended up sitting on my lap the whole time. After that, she did great!
She even let the lady blow-dry her hair! She looked so cute.
Afterwards, we went to get frozen yogurt. Yumm!!


Then we went home and she played with Grandpa! Weeeeee!!! She has no fear!

She's going to be a roller coaster rider like her Mom!After all that fun, she went out back to ride her bike! 10 minutes later, she came in screaming!!

She crashed her bike and hit a wooden post face first!! It started to swell up so fast so I had to hold her down to keep ice on it for a little while. She DID NOT like that!! She wouldn't let me take a picture of it either. So I managed to get this one while she was laying on the couch.

DAY 1


DAY 2

DAY 3 (tired of me taking her picture)


DAY 4

So today is day 5 (haven't taken her picture yet today) and it looks like she has purple marker under and around her eye. There's even a bit of yellow/green bruising up towards her eyebrow. So I know it looks bad. Every time I go anywhere, people constantly stop and ask me what happened or ask her "Did you get an ouchie?" and she just stares at them like "What are you talking about?" She doesn't know it's there except for when she walks by my mirror and then she sees it and touches it and says "ouchie!" Anyways, so we were at the Sprouts this afternoon and she was a very good girl (no tantrums or anything!). No one had asked me about her eye for some reason on this trip. THEN.....................................I was standing in line to pay when a POLICE OFFICER approached me and was looking at Katelyn (checking out the eye), and introduced himself and said "A concerned customer called me to come check out the situation with your daughter's eye. What happened to her?" I was totally stunned! I felt like such a bad mom at that moment. My stomach was in knots and my heart started racing and I was so nervous. I know I didn't do anything wrong, but the fact that someone is basically accusing me of hurting Katelyn made me so mad! I told him what happened and he was like, "When did this happen? How old is she? When is her birthday? Can she talk?" I guess he wanted to ask her what happened. I told him that she doesn't talk that much and actually we had just left the Speech therapy session!" Then he took my name and address and birthdate. I felt like such a criminal. How embarrassing! Everyone in the freakin' store was staring at me. I might understand why someone might call the police if I was in the store yelling at her and mistreating her, but she was so good, just sitting in the cart being good! He walked out of the store and walked with me to my car, then was like "Have a nice day." I am still stunned that someone called the police! I just can't get over it. I told the cop that I guess I should start putting makeup on it before going out because I don't want another visit from him. He laughed and said "Yeah, I guess so!" SIDE NOTE: Erika, you better hope that the same person doesn't read your blog about how Taylor's tooth got knocked out!

3 comments:

The Paynes said...

Randee, how many times do I gotta tell you, don't leave marks. A tooth looks far more natural. Seriously, I am so sad for you. I would have felt so sick inside. Don't people realize how many times kids hurt themselves? I saw her eye on Sunday and didn't think anything of it except she must have had an accident. Sorry!

Natalie said...

Some people are just WAY too nosey and bored! And seriously, have they never had kids themselves?! It sounds like you handled it with humor and dignity though. Good for you!

Stoddard Studios said...

Wow, I can't believe someone called the cops on you! That's just crazy!