Our Family

Our Family

Friday, September 18, 2009

Surprise Teacher Meeting




So I went thru the drive thru to pick up the kids after school today and they got in and said "Mom, Jocelyn's teacher needs to talk to you right now." I was like, "What? Why? What did you do??! Why does she want to talk to me? Did you take something bad to school?" She looked all innocent and pulled out a paper from her backpack that had two lists of words on it. She said "She wants to talk to you about this." "Why? What about it? I can read the note on it without having to talk to her." " But Mom! She said she needs to talk to you!" "Okay, let's find a place to park."
So we walk to her room and the teacher is coming out in a hurry and I'm holding the paper with the lists and she shows me all the green dots next to 95% of the words. "Green dots mean she could read the word to me. As you can see, Jocee can read almost all of them. She's ready for the 3rd list! The most any other kid can read is 6 words! So I want her to start reading more difficult books every day and she'll probably be tested to see what reading level she's at so she can check out books at her level." So Franklin definitely helped her last year! Yay for Jocee!!!!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

Isn't great when the kids come into the world of reading. Jillian loves to read and write. Way to go Jocee!!!