Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Stupid Cat

WARNING: Animal activists (or whatever they're called) should not read this!

I noticed that Rocky, our German Shepherd/Lab, was barking like crazy at something inside our shed about 5 days ago. The kids said that there was a hole in the shed and he was barking at the neighbor's dog. Well, I was outside Tuesday cleaning up the backyard a bit (Daddy's never home to do it anymore) and he started barking again, but I noticed that the neighbor's dog wasn't barking. So I looked in the shed and there was no hole.....there were 2 eyes staring back at me!! It was a cat! I hate cats. I'm extremely allergic to them. Jordan was determined to try to help the cat get out but he wasn't budging. So finally today while the kids were playing in the back yard (I was inside cleaning, of course) I heard a bunch of commotion and kids screaming and Jocee came running in crying and saying that the cat came out and Rocky was chasing it. So I ran to the back door (didn't dare go outside! I know, I'm a bad mom) to see what was happening. Rocky had the cat by the neck in his mouth flailing it around! We were all yelling at Rocky but he wasn't listening. I thought food might do the trick so I got a hot dog and started throwing pieces at him but that didn't stop him either. After about 3 minutes, the cat was a gonner! The kids (okay, me too) felt so bad. I made them all come in the house and I called animal control. The lady said that they wouldn't pick it up on my property and that it had to be moved to the curb! Heck NO!!! I was NOT going to go near the animal much less put it in a box and take it to the curb!! I told the lady that and she said there would be at least a $50 fee for someone to come do it for me. I DON'T THINK SO! So I could either wait till Chad gets home late tonight and have a dead cat in my back yard and not let the kids play outside or find someone else who would move it for me. So I remembered that the Eyrings 4 houses down (they're in our ward, the kids are friends, and the oldest daughter is our amazing babysitter) have a couple of boys who might do it for me. Sure enough, Matthew came right away with a bag and a box, picked it up with his bare hands and took it to the curb for me!! Our hero for the day!! Yeaaa!!! So now I'm waiting for animal control to come get it! That will teach cats to come in our yard!! He catches birds that eat his food too! So that was our morning. Now all 4 kids are playing at the Eyring's house while I have a nice quiet lunch all to myself! Love that family!!! :)

1 comment:

The Paynes said...

Yeah, I'd have gotten a shovel and thrown it in the dumpster! I hate cats, too! Ick!