Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, October 13, 2007

My exhausting week!

This week was my first week at work (Mervyns). I initially told them that I only wanted to work 2-3 evenings a week and every other Saturday. Well, I was scheduled to work Mon-Thurs 6-10pm and Saturday 3-10pm!! I am EXHAUSTED!!! I didn't realize how hard on my body it would be to be on my feet for 4 hours straight!! By the end of the night, I had blisters on my feet, my back was killing me (I already have a bad back), my legs hurt, my neck hurt and just about every other part of my body hurt!! So every night I came home and took Tylenol. A couple of nights after work, I came home and Callie was up! Which was okay at first, 'cause I missed her and needed to feed her, but then she wanted to stay up and play til 1am!! I am so physically drained from this week. I just wish I could spend a day in bed resting! Unfortunately I have 4 kids and one of them having a birthday on Monday (Jocee will be 4!) and don't have time to stay in bed :(
I also don't like having to deal with rude customers but that comes with the territory of working in retail. I guess when I get a paycheck it will make me feel a little better. There's a girl who started the same time I did and she's 8 months pregnant and still in high school! I can't imagine how badly her body must ache! I feel so bad for her. She's the sweetest, quietest girl. I found out she was having a boy and remembered that I had bought this really cute boy outfit for a buck on clearance a while ago so I gave it to her today and she was so happy and grateful. She also told me that she wasn't getting very many hours and that she really needed to work, so I gave her my hours for next Saturday--I didn't want to work 2 Saturdays in a row. She was so happy and thankful! I really am grateful for the little things in life that I take for granted. I really am blessed. I have a loving husband who has a promising career (once he gets more experience he can make really good money), the 4 most beautiful kids in the world who are healthy (except this awful cough that Katee and Jordan have), a home to live in (I hated living in an apartment!), running vehicles (we had a car that gave us problems).....and the list goes on. It's easy to get down when things start to go wrong, but in the whole scheme of things, I really have a lot.
Okay, I'm done with my novel. Thanks for listening. I feel so bad--I haven't talked to my friends in such a long time! We need to have another get-together! We can have it at my house this time. Let me know when ya'll are available and we can make a plan when I don't have to work.

2 comments:

Stoddard Studios said...

Dang girl, I didn't know you were working so much. Is Chad home with the kids while you work? I can't believe what a champion you are. I don't think I could have a job again while being a mom. It is so much work. Way to pull it off.

Yes, we need to get together again. It seems like I haven't seen you in forever.

About the cake, I don't know if my mom has any frosting left. We'll have to ask her tomorrow. She could probably give you some ideas. She's good.

The Paynes said...

Randee, I am so sorry you've had a rough week. If there's anything I can do to help you, let me know. If you need a few Halloween costumes, I might have something that would fit your kiddos, that would save you a lot of trouble. I hope you have a better week!