Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Doctor Visit

After waking up Tuesday with a horrible cough and then a moment of not breathing, I immediately called the doctor to take Katelyn in. Since Jocee just had her 4th birthday I took her too for her check up. Dr. said Katelyn had croup (sp?) and had to get a shot of steroids to help clear her airway so she could breathe and Jocee had to get 4 individual shots for immunizations. Well, when the dr. left the room, Jocee was like "Am I getting a shot?" I said, "Yeah, you're going to get it in your leg. You're gonna be brave to show Katelyn how to do it, right?" Then she was really worried and said "I don't think I'm getting a shot, he said KATELYN'S getting a shot!!" I reassured her that both of them were getting shots and they'd be okay. After a long while of waiting for the nurse to come get it over with, Jocee said, "Mom, she's not here yet, let's just get out of here before she comes back! I just want to get out of here and go get lunch!!" It was so hilarious. I tried not to laugh at her because she was being dead serious...not joking at all. She really wanted out of there!! Poor girl. The nurse finally came in and picked up Katelyn and laid her on the table, pulled her pants down a bit, and gave her a shot in the thigh and Katee didn't make ONE SOUND!! I couldn't believe it...when the dr first came in, she started screaming and wouldn't let him touch her or anything, I had to hold her down so he could check her out. So I was shocked when she didn't fuss when the nurse picked her up and put her on the table. I guess being chunky paid off--she didn't feel the shot!!! :) They weighed both girls and they both weigh 38 pounds!!! My 4 yr old and 2 yr old weigh the same!! Both are cute as heck too!! :) Needless to say, poor Jocee had to be held down for her shots and screamed bloody murder for all 4 pokes!

2 comments:

Stoddard Studios said...

I love what Jocee said. That is so funny. She knows what's up. I can't believe Katee didn't cry! That's awesome. That stinks she has the croup. Is she over it? She didn't pass it on to anyone in the nursery, right? Lol.

The Paynes said...

We just did the Dr thing this past Tuesday and Brendan had to get 4 shots as well. Luckily he had a boob to make him feel better!