Our Family

Our Family

Friday, October 23, 2009

Sick and prego=overwhelmed Mom

With being sick and pregnant, my house has been neglected for a while. This morning I am feeling a bit better and am just walking around the house thinking "I need to do this and this and this and this and this and this...." Now I'm completely overwhelmed and don't know where to start. Once I start one task, I get distracted and start working on something else. I feel like I'm making no progress and I still have to go to the grocery store with the 2 girls (which I'm not looking forward to). Not to mention that I still have 2 girls at home who constantly need my attention--give baths, clean poop off the floor, change diaper, feed, get drinks....
I'm hoping the "nesting" instinct will be coming to me soon and I'll feel like I can conquer the world and be somewhat organized again. Right now I just feel like I'm hangin' on by the skin of my teeth! And I hate that feeling.
If I could afford one, I'd definitely hire a cleaning person to come in the morning once the kids are off to school and then come again after dinner to clean up the kitchen (I never feel like doing dishes after eating dinner, who does?).
I know I'm not the only mom who feels this way, but it's nice to get it out of my system.

2 comments:

Richard and Tiffany said...

Wow it sounds like you are having a rough time of it...I'm sorry! Hopefully you feel better soon!! I have been having a really hard time with the nausea/vomiting and I hope it goes away soon. :( So my due date is May 7, and we're definitely going to find out what they are, I can't wait!! Hope things are going better, and congrats!

Natalie said...

I SO understand! I don't remember the last time my house was really truly clean, or the last time I really truly cooked! Don't be too hard on yourself! You wont be prego for forever! (I keep having to remind myself of that!) :)