Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Dreaded Dentist

So I made a dentist appointment for Jordan and Jocee to get their teeth cleaned. It's routine at the dentist's office to take x-rays first to make sure they haven't gotten any new "problem teeth." Well...Jordan needs ANOTHER baby root canal (he's already got a mouth full of silver teeth!) and will be moderately sedated. And Jocee needs 5 fillings and a baby root canal too!! She will have to be put completely out with an IV and the whole nine yards! When Jordan got his teeth done last year, he was so funny because he was knocked out and was drowsy when he came out and he couldn't feel his teeth and kept telling us "My teeth feel funny." He also talked hilariously because he was still kinda out of it and with no feeling in his mouth! We tried really hard not to laugh in front of him. So no more juice for these kids! Grandma was kind enough to get us a bunch of sugar-free drink powder in several flavors so the kids can drink that. It's actually really good!

5 comments:

The Paynes said...

That's awful! If I can help you with anything let me know. Oh, Trent can hook up a dishwasher in just a few minutes. He's had to hook up and undo ours several times so far when they are working on the counters. I tried to call you today so we can get together sometime with the kids. Maybe they can bug each other instead of us!

The Gardiner Gang said...

Erika, sorry I missed your call! Let me know what day you'd like to get together! You can email me at randeechad@gmail.com.

Stoddard Studios said...

Hey girls, I want in on the fun! We really should get together. We're probably all just sitting at home bored half the time. That's sad your kids have to have so much dental work. It probably is because of the juice. My cousin drank juice when he was little and he had a mouth full of silver teeth. His mom had to take him off of juice too.

Stoddard Studios said...

By the way, I have a pool at my house, girls. We could swim one day. Bryson loves it. I don't like going outside by myself though so we don't go much.Let me know if you like that idea or not.

The Gardiner Gang said...

Let's get together Friday morning! We can all be in pj's if need be! My kids would love to swim, but unfortunately I cannot swim just yet...just had a baby! My house is open if you guys want to come here and let the kids run wild while we chill :) What time is good for you ladies?